is it legal?

UK Sports Betting forum. Anything related to sports betting goes here.

is it legal?

Postby binggoe » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:45 pm

What is the deal with online sports betting. Is it legal?
binggoe

Re: is it legal?

Postby acer » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:47 pm

Sports Arbitrage Trading is a risk-free strategy of sports betting. Is it legal to do this with US bookies?
acer

Postby ohgambling » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:55 pm

NO! There is no federal law that makes the act of wagering online illegal! The only federal law that addresses gambling is the wire act from the 1960's which makes it illegal to place wagers via the telephone. The US government passed a port security law and tacked on provisions that make it illegal for BANKS, not players, to fund or accept payment from gaming sources. The only problem is there are hundreds of third party methods available for funding and no way to trace ACH credits. In other words, the new provisions are only for show and the end result is a waste of ink.
I have wagered online for years and make good money betting on sports.
ohgambling

Postby blackjackjoe » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:31 pm

Iv done this and it does work. (Its quite time consuming though and you have to be careful as its easy to calculate things like time differences incorrectly)

Im not sure which bookies in the USA are legal but I have joined 45 bookies all over the world so if you live in a place where its not illegal then you can just work online. The UK ones are all very good and accept people from all over the world I think.

I have lots of info on this activity so please get in touch if you want any more information and Ill be happy to share this with you. Good luck
blackjackjoe

Postby MrsCasanova » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:31 pm

I heard sports betting is illegal in the United States...is that true? I wonder why?
MrsCasanova

Return to Sports Betting

Members currently browsing online gambling forums