i want to stop

UK Online Poker forum. Anything related to online poker goes here.

i want to stop

Postby gamblereye » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:31 pm

How can I stop myself from playing online poker?
gamblereye

Re: i want to stop

Postby chalker » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 pm

The best thing to do is to write to the poker site you like and tell them you need to take a break from playing. They will disable your account for you.

Alternatively you could learn to be a better player so that you make money instead of simply break even. They it wouldn't be such a waste of money.

You might also consider joining a local pub poker league. At least that is more sociable and fun than sitting alone staring at your computer.
chalker

Postby xpertgambling » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:41 pm

same question here. I've been playing poker online for 5 years now and want to stop. What else can I do with my time?
xpertgambling

Postby bettinglord » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:52 pm

Play the free tables, play with your friends, and learn how to play better. You're losing money because you're not good and you're either bluffing too much, not reading your opponents' hands, or are joining rooms above your skill level. Stay away from the no limit tables until you get better.
bettinglord

Postby scarlet » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:42 pm

My advice would be to just play with your friends, I bet they don't play as much as you so you might even be able to make some money out of them along the way ;)
scarlet

Postby MrsCasanova » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:20 pm

my advice is pick up a new hobby, travel, learn a language or an instrament, volunteer your time even. if that doesnt work and you still cant stop playing online poker then I would go to a pastor or minister and ask for help.
MrsCasanova

Postby NewGenGambling » Sat May 22, 2010 12:08 pm

I think you should be able to control it. You are a rational being. Choose wisely, choose what you must, and choose what is better for you. That must be your motivation.
NewGenGambling

Return to Online Poker

Members currently browsing online gambling forums